Wednesday, October 12, 2011

September 16: Flower Garden

Remember we went to story time at the library on Wednesday?  On our way out, I noticed a pile of project papers on the table by the door.  I grabbed one for each of the kids because I thought it was so cute!  They each got to create a flower garden (I know, a little more spring-themed, but they didn't care!).  We didn't get to project time until after Koen was home from school, so he got to put one together, too.

The kids enjoyed coloring the flowers...some attending to details more than others. :)  Koen cut his flowers out, but I had to cut for Ty and Brielle (I'm not sure why Ty is so against cutting paper...).  We then glued each flower on a popsicle stick and "planted" our gardens in the upside-down egg cartons. 


She made sure she used every color!

 



The kids were SO proud of these!  I thought it was really sweet, though, when Ty declared he wanted to give his garden to his cousin Henry (he knew we were off to visit them in Chicago the next day).  I thought he might change his mind as he's KING of changing his mind these days, but he was super excited to share it with Henry.  I would love to see his sincerity and generosity grow with him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment