Friday, May 20, 2011

May 20: Pudding Paint

I got the idea for this fabulous project HERE.  The boys thought this was the BEST project!  Koen had a fever last night so he stayed home from school, though he seemed to be fine today.  He was excited to be a part of this.  Paint you can eat?  Too cool! 

All you need is a box of instant vanilla pudding, some food coloring, and a space to paint your picture.  We made 4 colors...all from the "neon" box of food coloring:  blue, green, pink, and purple.  I gave each of the boys a glass 9x13 pan to paint in, and Brielle even got into it! I wondered if they'd just eat the pudding out of the bowls, but they actually did paint designs...and then they ate it!  We spent 30 minutes playing with this paint...a great amount of time in my opinion.  The neighbor girls stopped over, too, and enjoyed playing with the pudding paint.  My guess is they'll be asking to do this one again! 

Here are the pictures to give you a sense of the fun!

 Getting started...




 
Having fun!





2 comments:

  1. I keep forgetting about pudding paint :) I'm curious how it turns out on paper, did you guys try it at all?

    I love that its edible for the littlest ones even!

    Thanks for sharing this at It's Playtime!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome sensory activity for my little guy! Can't wait to try it - he's home from school soon! I think it'll be an after supper treat!

    ReplyDelete