Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August 22: Dirt Dessert


<>
Carefully putting the Oreos in the bowl.
Tysen LOVED this dessert, but he also loved to say the name of this dessert.  I wish I had a dollar for every time he said, "Dirt Dessert!"  I remember having this once or twice as a kid, I had saved a recipe for it, and when I had some when I was in Texas last month I knew I had to make it with the boys.  While there are many recipes floating around, I decided on one from food.com that used chocolate pudding rather than white pudding.  It is a MESS to put together, but the boys had so much fun with it! 

This dessert is RICH!  You certainly don't need much!  But it is delicious!  I'm certain we'll be making this again.  I would even recommend making half the recipe since it makes so much.


CRUSH them!
Dirt Dessert
  • 1 - 20 oz package of Oreos
  • 16 oz cream cheese
  • 16 oz Cool Whip
  • 8 oz powdered sugar
  • 8 oz milk
  • 2 - 3.5 oz boxes of instant chocolate pudding

    
  1. Crush the Oreos into small pieces (the recipe suggests using a food processor, but we just crushed them in a bowl with a meat tenderizer).
  2. With an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, Cool Whip, sugar, milk, and pudding mixes thoroughly.
  3. 
  4. Layer the dessert with Oreos on the bottom, pudding mixture, Oreos, puddings, etc. ending with Oreos on top.
  5. For extra fun, make the dessert in a (clean) sand pail or flower pots and decorate with gummy worms or fake flowers.







No comments:

Post a Comment