Sunday, November 21, 2010

November 15: Sour Cream Coffee Cake

Don't you love his new smile?
Growing up, this was my FAVORITE coffee cake to eat!  When I found some sour cream in the fridge that was on the brink of expiring I knew this is what we could make this week...even though I had planned for something else (stay tuned...). 

It worked out well because when I asked Ty if he wanted to help me bake something, he went to the cupboard and pulled out the cinnamon and said, "Use this!"  Good thing the recipe calls for cinnamon! :)

For your tasting pleasure...

Sour Cream Coffee Cake
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
Cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.  Add dry ingredients, alternating with sour cream.  Mix.  Add vanilla.  Mix. 

Filling
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
Pour 1/2 of the batter in greased 9x13 pan.  Cover with 1/2 of the filling.  Repeat.  Bake 40 minutes at 325 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment