Thursday, November 4, 2010

October 12: Flying Airplanes

I still wasn't feeling well at this point, but the boys wanted to do a project and these seemed do-able.  I'd purchased this kit on sale from Jo-Ann Fabrics a while back that included four Styrofoam airplanes to paint.  We used two and saved to for another day (the boys decision).  I also decided that we'd use our own washable paints rather than the paint they included. 
My work was minimal.  I put the planes together (which consisted of sliding the Styrofoam wings into the plane's body), gave each boy a paper plate with his choice of paint colors, a paint brush, cup of water, and away they went.  Both Koen and Ty were very serious about this paint job and it took probably 20 minutes to complete.  After giving the planes a day to dry, I added the plastic tip and the boys had their airplanes to fly.  They keep talking about trying to fly them outside, but whenever they think of it, the weather is uncooperative or it's dark.  Maybe someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment